Dubrovnik Day 2

Saturday, November 24, 2018
Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
I didn't have any set plans today. Nothing was scheduled, and there wasn't anything I "had" to be. I like days like this. They are good to have here and there on a trip, in case you need to relax or reset. 
Because my City Wall ticket was also good for the entrance of the St. Lawrence Fortress, I decided to head there this morning. Another reason for getting OUT of the Old Town is that cruise ship passengers, at the same time, were coming in. Wow, did that change the dynamic. And that was just one ship. I can't imagine several in one day. Most of the passengers hang on the main street, Stradun, which is understandable. They want to get some quick photos, and they likely don't have a lot of time. 
Before I did that, I decided to drink some water from the Big Onofrio's Fountain. You can read more about it here. So far, the water seems to be ok. Ivona, my guide from yesterday, told me "everyone drinks it." Well, maybe everyone here does. I'm sure all the people in China drink their own water, and it doesn't mean that I am going to do. Anyway, after that, I climbed the steps to the fortress, and just as I suspected, the views of the Old Town were spectacular. I don't know that I have seen a prettier city (from high views) than Dubrovnik. When you combine the wall, the red roof tops, the white houses, and the Adriatic, it's tough to beat. 
There was also a fun little concert in front of St. Blaise Church at noon, with dancers and singers. It was fun to watch. I had lunch Kamenice, the same place I went to yesterday. The server remembered me and asked if I wanted the same white wine. Ha! I sure did. I spoke with her a bit, and she reiterated the feeling of the others who live there and how they feel about the cruise ships coming in. She said it's stressful and hard to keep up. After she cleared my plates, she brought me a wine "on the house." How nice was that?  
I took a rest, and then went to mass at St. Blaise for 5 p.m. It was Catholic Mass Express, and was done in 23 minutes. Yes, that is correct. No choir, no sermon, no dilly-dallying. I almost felt guilty, as if I should put more time in and hang out longer. Then, I had some pizza at Oliveria. 
Tomorrow morning, I have to take a bus to the bus station and then will spend 4 hours to Mostar in Bosnia-Herzegovina. It should be pretty easy, but now it's raining and will be tomorrow, so that has me all in a tizzy. I have a rain jacket and Keen boots that should keep my feet dry, and my passport should be ok. It's walking from my hotel to the Pile Gate bus stop that will be the longest I will be outside, so hopefully that won't be too bad. The bus stop does have a cover. 
I can only hope that things continue to go as well as they have. 
Thanks for reading,


Jeff Wheeler

How amazing! What an awesome trip this far, lady! Happy belated Thanksgiving. The pictures are fantastic!


Thank you, Jeff! Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you as well. I did miss the turkey, but only a little. :)